How I Keep My Edges Laid While Wearing Braids

February 09, 2015



Hi Ladies!

I have been wearing my hair in braids for the past 5 weeks and my edges are really starting to grow out. Also, when I braid my hair, I try not to do the front very tight so sometimes I end up leaving some of my edges out.

I've tried doing the whole headband/scarf thing but sometimes it just doesn't look right and I don't have the perfect plain black scarf that would go with every outfit I choose to wear.

Here is a picture of what my edges look like at 5 weeks in braids, usually right after I wash my hair. Yea I know I have to take my braids out soon lol.


Here are the tools and products I use. I use a scarf, a toothbrush, and my trusty ecostyler gel. I find using a toothbrush makes it a lot easier for me to put the gel on in a precise place.

I put the gel on every separate section of hair, making sure that the parts are visible. I then use the toothbrush to brush the hair towards the plait and use my finger to smooth my hair down. Once I have done this to all the sections, I put my scarf on and slide it back a bit so that it will further flatten my hair. I usually wear the scarf overnight but if I get lazy, I do this process when I wake up in the mornings and wear the scarf until I need to leave the house.

Here is the finished product! Such a big difference from the first picture and it makes my edges look really fresh.

Do you have any tricks for extending how long you wear your braids for?


Thanks for reading!
-Sarah


You Might Also Like

0 comments