Kinky Twists vs. Box Braids

April 16, 2015


Hello Ladies!

So a few weeks ago I did kinky twists for the first time. I really like them and I'm gonna compare kinky twists to box braids in this post. Keep in mind that I braid my hair myself so some of my pros and cons are more beneficial for someone who braids their own hair.

Kinky Twists

I forgot to mention the hair I used for my kinky twists (I ended up using 2 brands)
  • Equal Jamaican Twist Braid for a few
  • Batik Reggae Hair for most of my hair

Pros
  • Takes a lot less time to do than box braids
  • The hair I used is a little cheaper than the hair I used for box braids
  • No need to cut the hair in half (I wear my kinky twists long)
Cons
  • When I twist the hair, the twists tend to twist my roots so it hurts more than doing box braids

Box Braids

Pros
  • Painless to install
  • Does not get loose easily

Cons
  • Have to trim each braid so that they style looks neat
  • Takes a long time to plait
  • Takes time for me to separate the hair

Overall

Both styles are great! They both last just as long and I would do both again. Those points are just my experiences.

Do you prefer box braids or kinky twists?


Thanks for reading!

- Sarah

You Might Also Like

0 comments