Faux Naturale

January 10, 2015


Hello Ladies!

I know I am a bit late but I hope you have a great new year! I especially hope that this will be a great year for your hair!

About 3 weeks ago I did my own box braids for the first time and really loved it! You can read that post here. I decided to take out my braids because I did it big and it was starting to look untidy. Once I was done taking out my braids, I was pleasantly surprised with what I saw. To me, my hair looked like blow dried natural hair. It definitely had me thinking about going natural. It felt like natural hair and was very full like natural hair. It didn't feel or look like the traditional braid-out at all.

I was also happy that my hair still appeared to be even since my trim in October. That means that my hair hasn't really been breaking and I may be retaining length. When I took my braids out I had a lot of shed hair but my hair was relatively moisturized. When I took each braid out, I applied some shea butter and combed through each section to get out all the shed hair.

Here are some of the pictures I took after I took my braids out. Sorry about my messy mirror!










If you are relaxed, have you ever considered going back to natural?


Thanks for reading!

-Sarah





You Might Also Like

0 comments