Poetic Justice: I Did My Own Box Braids!

December 25, 2014

Hi Ladies,

Merry Christmas! This year my Christmas gift to myself was being able to braid my own hair. I was definitely one of those people who thought people who braided their own hair were crazy, until I tried it for myself. Although I did my braids big, it took a lot of time and patience. It took me three days to do it all. I took lots of breaks of course. Realistically, I could have finished it in one day but I wasn't in any rush. I'm on vacation visiting my grandma and I couldn't get the brand of braiding hair I like and usually use, so I had to buy a different brand which was X-Pression. This brand is very smooth and doesn't hold each plait together at the ends so I had to knot it before I placed the hair in hot water. I usually use the Outre 100% kanekalon hair which is a bit rough, shown below.


I ended up buying the X-pression hair which was really smooth, shown below.


I really liked the results though! I could have done the front a bit smaller but I can fix that next time. This time I was just happy to get it done. Don't be discouraged, you can do your hair too! I watched YouTube videos over and over and practiced for a bit. I love how versatile and low maintenance braids are. This is the finished product.





Have you ever tried to braid your hair yourself? What was your experience?


Merry Christmas!

- Sarah

You Might Also Like

0 comments