Review: Hooded Dryer Attachment for Your Blow Dryer

October 06, 2014


Hello Loves!

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to roller set my hair rather than flat iron it. The only problem was that it took forever to air dry my hair in rollers. My mom said I'd probably need a hooded dryer but they are a bit expensive for me to buy one right now. So I went on ebay and found a hooded dryer attachment selling for $2.71 CDN and I was sold! The only downside was that it was coming from Hong Kong so I had to wait around 3 weeks for it to arrive, but it was definitely worth it! I'll show you some pictures of it and its different features.

How it looks when taken out of packaging


Inside


Adjustable string


Part that attaches to your blow dryer


Attachment on my blow dryer


Length of the hooded dryer tube (It's about a meter long)




Me with rollers in before I went under the dryer


Hooded dryer attachment on my head (before turning my blow dryer on)



Hooded dryer attachment on my head, after I turned my blow dryer on. It's much bigger that it seems


Overall my experience was a positive one. I was under the dryer for about an hour and it definitely did its job. 

Pros

  • The price 
  • A lot of the hot air was not escaping. With traditional dryers, there is a big opening and I find that a lot of the hot air gets wasted
  • I can easily carry this with me when travelling
  • It is easy to store and does not take up much space

Cons

  • The tube could have been a bit longer so that I could rest my blow dryer on the floor
  • This process may decrease the life of your blow dryer depending on how often you use it and how long you keep it on for


Thank you for reading!

If you have purchased this before, please let me know your experience with it! 


- Sarah



You Might Also Like

0 comments