Straightening Relaxed Hair WITHOUT Heat After Washing

September 21, 2014

Hi Everyone!

After washing my hair, I sometimes like it to be straight. When I go to the hair dresser she would usually flat iron it or put some setters (rollers) in my hair and then stick me under the dryer.

Last year, I went on a no heat challenge but at that time I was wearing my hair curly so I didn't really need the heat. Now that I'm wearing my hair straight, I have been exploring different options to straightening my hair with no heat or with minimal heat.

I decided to simply wash my hair put some rollers in and air dry it. I'll show you what I did through pictures. If you have any questions please leave a comment!

Step 1:

Wash and condition my hair with the Cantu Shea Butter Shampoo and Cantu Shea Butter Rinse Out Conditioner. When I'm done washing my hair, I add the following things to it:

  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Repair Cream
  • ORS Incredibly Rich Olive Moisturizing Hair Lotion
  • Coconut Oil 



Step 2:

Comb through my hair and put rollers along the center of my head. I pin the side just so that the rest of my hair doesn't get in the way.



Step 3:

Complete the rest of my head and study, do laundry etc while my hair air dries.



Step 3:

Once my hair is dry I take the rollers out and pin my hair up without them. I usually go to bed with my hair like this and put a bonnet on.


Step 4:

All done! I usually comb my hair out the following morning and then wrap and style my hair. This picture was taken just after I combed my hair out. At that point I hadn't wrapped or styled it as yet.



Do you have any special techniques for getting your hair straight without heat?


Thanks for reading!

- Sarah

You Might Also Like

1 comments