8 Tips To Help Your Hair Flourish

June 29, 2014

Hello Everyone!

Here are 10 things that I found have helped me a lot on my hair journey so far (most recent picture below).

1. Vitamins

I usually take 1000 mcg of Biotin, as well as, One a Day Multivitamins for women. I found that these have helped my hair to grow stronger and healthier. They also help with overall wellness! Biotin is said to have lots of benefits, with one being promoting faster hair growth. These can be found in your local drugstore.

2. Fruits and Vegetables

Eating lots of fruits and vegetables have made a great impact on my hair journey. For the past two months, I have noticed that my hair has been growing faster than normal and the only thing that has changed is incorporating lots of fruits and veggies in my diet. Try it, it really works!

3. Going heatless

Going heatless has changed how my hair feels. My hair no longer feels dry and brittle. I used to be very bad and would flat iron my hair every morning before leaving for class ( DO NOT do this!). My hair would just feel very stiff and lifeless, plus it took a lot of time out of my mornings.

4. Moisture, Moisture, Moisture!

I know many people moisturize and seal every night before bed, but I find this is too much for my hair. It would simply weigh it down and make it very oily. Instead, I would moisturize and seal directly after washing my hair, and then again during the week whenever my hair started to feel dry.

Deep conditioning is also something I incorporate in my regime in order to put added moisture in my hair. This makes my hair feel very soft and makes it a lot easier to comb through.

5. Detangle

I have a love-hate relationship with detangling. It takes a ridiculously long time to do buuut it is so amazing in getting rid of knots before washing my hair. It is definitely worth the time but I usually have to mentally prepare myself before doing it. I usually finger detangle and that is probably why it takes so long for me.

6. The Inversion Method

This is something I recently started doing. I have seen more growth since incorporating it in my regime but it is not for everyone. Especially people with certain health problems. If you think you are okay to do it, go for it! This also takes a lot of time and you have to remember to do it for 7 days straight. I have to admit that I have missed a couple days myself!

7. Twist Outs

I find twist outs to have many amazing benefits. It reduces my need for heat, because most times I air dry my hair. It saves time, because I only have to style my hair one day a week and wear it throughout the rest of week and it also helps with my stretches because it blends my natural hair well with my curly/wavy ends.

8. Patience

Last but not least, patience! Taking care of your hair takes time. Sometimes I feel tempted to just flat iron it, skip deep conditioning it or stop stretching my relaxers, but I have to just take a step back and keep my eyes on the healthy hair prize! If you are ever feeling discouraged you should do that too! Just take a deep breath and continue taking great care of your hair, because it is worth it!


Thank you for reading!
- Sarah


Do you have any tips to share that help your hair to flourish? I would love to hear them!


You Might Also Like

0 comments